We, as members of CPN are called and chosen intercessors planted in our newly restored MN State Capitol. God placed us in a hidden, but powerfully anointed room: The Historic Governor’s Dining room. We are now located on the lowest foundation of the Capitol, just outside the tunnel to the new Senate Office Building. Our beautiful new prayer room is much more than a former dining room. It is a womb, a birthing room, a planting room, and a harvest room. It is a room where holy conception and seed planting take place on a weekly basis. We are operating in humility, harmony and holy obedience. We patiently conceive and tend the “holy pregnancies” and plant fields to harvest. We wait patiently and rejoice heartily when the birth or the harvest comes. Our main purpose is to pray—legislate– God’s kingdom purpose and destiny into our MN government. Our secondary goal is to pray for our U.S. president, his family and staff. We have also embraced the on-going privilege of praying for Israel, and the diaspora Jews. God has richly blessed us since we made Israeli prayers a mandate. Through our intercession we are “birthing” or planting the kingdom of God in our sphere of influence here on earth. However, pregnancies and seed planting take time, patience, discomfort and sacrifice. We can never hurry the process. We do not want to abort the gestation time. A healthy birth or crop has a perfect timing. Scripture has much to teach us about this process. When Jesus was teaching His disciples to pray, He instructed them to praise the Father and ask for the kingdom of God and His will to be done on earth.
Let us now pray the Lord’s prayer from Matthew 6:9-13 “Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen”
PRAISE GOD FOR HIS ATTRIBUTES AND FOR WHO HE IS (No requests now, only praise)
Take turns reading and praying into Scripture verses on back of page. (Keep prayers brief)
CONFESSION OF SINS (May confess personal sins quietly or verbally. May also emphatically confess sins of church, government and society.
PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING Please keep reports brief.
Pray for their health, families, protection, godly wisdom, humility, bipartisan integrity, protection, and forgiveness for:
– President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, their families, staff and cabinet
– Governor Mark Dayton, his family and staff. (Pray especially for the session to end peacefully.)
– The MN House and Senate, their families and staff (Pray they will not miss their salaries.)
– S. Supreme Court, MN Supreme Court and rest of MN courts (Righteous judgements)
– Pray for a peaceable ending of the 2017 Session with no government shut-down or loss of salary
– Pray for the peace of Jerusalem—for righteous leadership in the Knesset, the Israel Defense, protection for the citizens, and a turning to the God of Israel. Pray for the Diaspora of Jews around the globe, especially in the U.S. and in MN. May they come to know their Messiah.
THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE: A HOLY CHRISTIAN DOCUMENT
Led by Pastor Dale Witherington
For far too many years our nation’s students have been taught to believe that the United States of America was founded as a secular state by a group of men comprised of rich deists, hypocritical slave-owners and non-religionists. Our students have been taught a lie.
This year’s Legislator’s Bible Study, led by Pastor Dale Witherington, focused on an in-depth look at the specific language in The Declaration of Independence and discovered unequivocally the Biblical basis of our sacred document for the founding of our nation. Using the book by Gary T. Amos, “Defending the Declaration” as our primary text, our legislators studied the facts that our PC-sick society ignores or simply just doesn’t know.
Our nation was founded as a Christian nation. It is time we all learn the truth and follow it.
Rep. Abigail Whelan, District 35A
Senator Dan Hall, District 56
Rev. Dale Witherington State Director
It is our distinct pleasure to announce to formation of the Minnesota Legislator’s Prayer Caucus (MNLPC) and it’s support system, the Minnesota Prayer Caucus (MNSPC). Formed in conjunction with the Congressional Prayer Caucus and the Congressional Prayer Caucus Foundaton (www.cpcfoundation.com), the MNLPC is founded to protect our First Amendment right of Religious Liberty based on the same foundation of Judeo-Christian principles upon which our nation, the United States of America, was founded.
The MNLPC, made up exclusively of current and former elected state officials, is an official caucus of the Minnesota legislature and is co-chaired by Rep. Abigail Whelan, District 35A, and Sen. Dan Hall, District 56. The MNSPC will serve as the state support system. The MNLPC has chosen Rev. Dale Witherington to represent them as the State Director of the MNSPC.
WILL BE JOINING THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER ACTIVITIES
MAY 4TH AT 11:30 AM
MINNESOTA STATE CAPITOL
The annual National Day of Prayer gathering will be held outdoors in front of the Minnesota State Capitol. Heart of the City will be leading worship and there will be opportunities to pray with Legislators.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible to join us in praying for our Nation and for our State!
A non-partisan guide on issues of concern to the electorate.
WILL BE JOINING THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER ACTIVITIES
MAY 5TH, 2016
CHRIST LUTHERAN CHURCH ON CAPITOL HILL
105 University Avenue West
St. Paul, Mn 55103
9:00 am TO 10:15 am – Program Inside
10:30 to 11:30 – Prayer Walk Around Campus
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible to join us in
Praying for our Nation.
ABOUT St. Paul 101
St. Paul 101 is a hands-on, in-person tour and experience of our Minnesota state Capitol and lawmaking in St. Paul-from a Biblical perspective. With the Capitol as our classroom, St. Paul 101 is the only on-site, real-time Biblically based program in the state designed to empower ordinary citizens for purposeful, authentic and effective action in support of good public policy in Minnesota.
WHY St. Paul 101
Why should you be interested in joining us? The two greatest commandments for Christians are Love of God and Love of our neighbor. What happens in our state government has everything to do with those two commandments! Our love for God motivates us. The Lord is the Law-giver, and He cares about laws. Jesus Himself said He didn’t come to abolish law but to uphold and fulfill it. If He’s concerned about law, we should be as well. Our love for our neighbor leads us to act. If we care about our neighbor, we’ll care about how laws enacted at the state government affect our neighbor. Do they protect our neighbor’s marriage and children or hurt them? Do they protect the sanctity of life or take it away? Do they protect the freedom to worship God or infringe upon it? Do they affirm what is good and just or not? We have a responsibility to love our neighbor in the arena of government. If we won’t, who will?
WHAT Will I Learn with St. Paul 101? St. Paul 101 helps citizens know how to confidently navigate the Minnesota state legislature and Capitol in St. Paul
- Where to park. (Map)
- How and where to reserve meeting space for both casual and official legislative business.
- Where to eat lunch, buy a cup of coffee, locate restrooms, accessibility options, etc.
- Participate in the Legislative Process
- Where and how to utilize the bill resources available through Senate and House Information offices.
- How and where to testify at a legislative hearing.
- How to read and track bills.
- Using the tools available for citizens to effectively interpret and follow the legislative process.
- Participating in grassroots networking activities.
- How and where to receive advanced training.
- Preparing citizens for leadership roles within their own circles of influence.
- Build Relationships with Lawmakers and their Staff
- How and when to contact district lawmakers about legislation.
- Promoting good public policy through servant leadership.
- Providing accountability through constituent action.
- St. Paul 101 DETAILS
- All St. Paul 101 trainings take place onsite at the State Capitol Campus in St. Paul (map), and are facilitated by Minnesota Family Council at a cost of $10/person or $35/family.
- St. Paul 101 is offered at least once per week while the Legislature is in Session (February- April), including twice per day on the scheduled date. Click on the session you would like to attend below to register.
- Available Dates Thursday, February 12 Morning Afternoon
- Thursday, February 19 Morning AfternoonThursday, February 26 Morning AfternoonThursday, March 5 Morning Afternoon Thursday, March 12 Morning Afternoon Thursday, March 19 Morning Afternoon
- TIMES: 8:45am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-4:15pm (Morning and afternoon trainings are the same.) Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or assistance.
- WE WILL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN ST. PAUL!
- Invite your friends to join you! Space is limited.
The following picture was taken on Day 8 of 7 7 7 by a woman who prayer-walked the White House, Capitol, and the Supreme Court, using our prayers as a guide. Since the rainbow was given as a sign of God’s covenant to Noah underscoring that never again would the world be destroyed by a flood, could it be that God has sent it as a sign that He has heard our prayers, will forgive our sin, and heal our land? For the glory of His great name!
GOD IS ESTABLISHING HIS KINGDOM OVER ALL THE EARTH
THE MINNESOTA STATE CAPITOL
THE MOUNTAIN OF GOVERNMENT OVER THE STATE
IS DECLARED TO BE “THE HOUSE OF THE LORD”
ACCORDING TO Is. 2: 2 & 3
“It shall come to pass in the latter days that the Mountain of the Lords house shall be (firmly) established as the highest of the mountains and shall be exalted above the hills, and all nations shall flow to it.”
“And many people shall come and say, Come, let us go up to the Mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that He may teach us His ways, and that we may walk in His paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law and instruction and the sword of the Lord from Jerusalem”
We the undersigned of Capitol Prayer Network on this 6th day of June, 2014, do declare this to be indeed
THE HOUSE OF THE LORD