CAPITOL PRAYER NETWORK – Thursday, June 15, 2017
We, as members of CPN are called and chosen intercessors planted in our newly restored MN State Capitol. God placed us in a hidden, but powerfully anointed room: The Historic Governor’s Dining room. We are now located on the lowest foundation of the Capitol, just outside the tunnel to the new Senate Office Building. Our beautiful new prayer room is much more than a former dining room. It is a womb, a birthing room, a planting room, and a harvest room. It is a room where holy conception and seed planting take place on a weekly basis. We are operating in humility, harmony and holy obedience. We patiently conceive and tend the “holy pregnancies” and plant fields to harvest. We wait patiently and rejoice heartily when the birth or the harvest comes. Our main purpose is to pray—legislate– God’s kingdom purpose and destiny into our MN government. Our secondary goal is to pray for our U.S. president, his family and staff. We have also embraced the on-going privilege of praying for Israel, and the diaspora Jews. God has richly blessed us since we made Israeli prayers a mandate. Through our intercession we are “birthing” or planting the kingdom of God in our sphere of influence here on earth. However, pregnancies and seed planting take time, patience, discomfort and sacrifice. We can never hurry the process. We do not want to abort the gestation time. A healthy birth or crop has a perfect timing. Scripture has much to teach us about this process. When Jesus was teaching His disciples to pray, He instructed them to praise the Father and ask for the kingdom of God and His will to be done on earth.
Let us now pray the Lord’s prayer from Matthew 6:9-13 “Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen”
PRAISE GOD FOR HIS ATTRIBUTES AND FOR WHO HE IS (No requests now, only praise)
Take turns reading and praying into Scripture verses on back of page. (Keep prayers brief)
CONFESSION OF SINS (May confess personal sins quietly or verbally. May also emphatically confess sins of church, government and society.
PRAISE AND THANKSGIVING Please keep reports brief.
Pray for their health, families, protection, godly wisdom, humility, bipartisan integrity, protection, and forgiveness for:
– President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, their families, staff and cabinet
– Governor Mark Dayton, his family and staff. (Pray especially for the session to end peacefully.)
– The MN House and Senate, their families and staff (Pray they will not miss their salaries.)
– S. Supreme Court, MN Supreme Court and rest of MN courts (Righteous judgements)
– Pray for a peaceable ending of the 2017 Session with no government shut-down or loss of salary
– Pray for the peace of Jerusalem—for righteous leadership in the Knesset, the Israel Defense, protection for the citizens, and a turning to the God of Israel. Pray for the Diaspora of Jews around the globe, especially in the U.S. and in MN. May they come to know their Messiah.